Vivo has recently launched its latest smartphone in the V-series, the V27 Pro, which is an upgrade over its predecessor, the V25 Pro. The V27 Pro has a lightweight and stylish design and is available in Magic Blue and Noble Black colour options.
The device comes in three storage variants with a price range starting from INR 37,999. The V27 Pro has a 6.78-inch AMOLED display with a full-HD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. The device is equipped with a MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC and has up to 12GB of RAM. It has a 4,600mAh battery with support for 66W fast charging.
Vivo V27 Pro Design and Display
The V27 Pro has a sleek and lightweight design with a curved front and back that merges into the plastic frame, giving it a premium look. The rear panel has a Fluorite AG Glass which changes colour from light to dark blue when exposed to sunlight or UV light.
The device is available in Magic Blue and Noble Black colour options. The device weighs 182g and is only 7.36mm thick. The device does not attract fingerprints or smudges easily, and despite being fairly tall, it is quite ergonomic to hold.
The device has a 6.78-inch AMOLED display with a full-HD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. The screen offers good viewing angles and vivid colours even in the standard screen colour mode.
V27 Pro Specifications and Software
The V27 Pro is equipped with a MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC, which is manufactured on a 4nm process. The phone has up to 12GB of physical RAM along with 8GB of extended RAM. There is no microSD card support. It packs a 4,600mAh battery with support for 66W fast charging.
The Vivo V27 Pro has support for seven 5G bands in India. The phone also offers connectivity options such as 5G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, Navic, and a USB Type-C port. The V27 Pro runs on the Android 13-based Funtouch OS 13 out of the box. Vivo has promised to provide two major Android updates and three years of security patches.
Software features include customizability, privacy features, and more. Funtouch OS 13 is quite customizable and can be personalized as per your preference. You get options to adjust the animation effects, and the speed of various routine tasks, such as charging, transitioning between the home screen and lock screen, etc.
There is also support for Android 13’s color palette, which matches the system icons and interface’s color with the wallpaper. Alternatively, users can choose from a bunch of preset color options from the Settings app. The custom skin supports Android’s privacy indicators and highlights at the top right corner whenever an app or service is using the camera or microphone in the background.
V27 Pro Price and Variants
The V27 Pro has been launched in three storage options. The base variant comes with 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB of UFS 3.1 storage, priced at INR 37,999. There is a 256GB variant with 8GB of RAM, priced at INR 39,999. The 12GB RAM variant with 256GB storage is priced at INR 42,999.
V27 Pro Sample Images
V27 Pro Pros:
- Stylish and lightweight design with a curved front and back that gives it a premium look.
- The rear panel has a Fluorite AG Glass which changes colour from light to dark blue when UV light or sunlight hits it.
- Excellent in-hand feel and very light at only 182g, making it ergonomic to hold.
- 6.78-inch AMOLED display with a full-HD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate, offering good viewing angles and vivid colours.
- Runs on Android 13-based Funtouch OS 13, which is customizable and offers features such as support for Android 13’s colour palette, profiles for multiple users and guests, and privacy indicators.
- The MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC is powerful and capable, with up to 12GB of physical RAM along with 8GB of extended RAM.
- Packs a 4,600mAh battery with support for 66W fast charging.
- Seven 5G bands supported in India.
- Vivo has promised to provide two major Android updates and three years of security patches.
V27 Pro Cons:
- No microSD card support.
- Single-channel speaker.
- No official IP rating.
- App recommendation folders in the app drawer and home screen can be cumbersome to remove.
- No stereo speakers.